Achieving our goals
Help us deliver our vision.
TMEC represents the views of industry to Local, State and Federal Governments, non-government agencies and the public. The Council continues to give members a united voice, ensuring the priorities of industry are well understood and sustainable development can be achieved both through identification of opportunities and assisting with the resolution of sector-wide challenges. Industry advice and referrals, including via access to TMEC committees which are vehicles for consultation, feedback and develop industry positions on key issues and opportunities facing Tasmanian industry.TMEC provides members with:
- Highly effective, non-partisan, two way communication channels with Government ministers, local members, advisors and government departments.
- An ability to engage with the Tasmanian community as a sector to provide consistent information, education and/or awareness on issues of importance to living and working in Tasmania
- Networking and business partnership opportunities from related businesses within the Council’s member base.
- Access, discounts and sponsorship opportunities to all the main industry and promotional events including the Annual Conference, Emergency Response Competition, Annual General Meeting and members’ dinner
- Business promotion through the TMEC website and social media channels
Principles of Membership
TMEC believes the best way for the mining exploration, extraction and processing businesses, energy sectors, advanced manufacturing sectors to achieve its goals is to operate in a principled way. We must be seen to be responsible and reasonable, and to be contributing to Tasmania. This is business best-practice, in a world where the actions of individual companies will influence our sector’s brand as a whole.In joining TMEC, members agree to uphold our values:
- Work Safely
- Lead and act with fairness, respect, integrity and trust
- Promote an inclusive culture
- Listen to stakeholder expectations and concerns
- Actively engage with our communities
- Foster innovation, continuous improvement and collaboration
- Work together openly and transparently
- Hold each other accountable for our commitments and actions
Download the Member Pack
Complete your details for the brochure to download.