Congratulations to all of the finalists and winners in the 2019 Women in Resources National Awards.
The winners have been announced at a gala dinner hosted by the NSW Minerals Council at NSW Parliament and sponsored by Rio Tinto.
The Awards celebrate the contribution women make to the resources industry and acknowledge ongoing efforts to improve gender diversity and inclusiveness across the sector.
Speaking following the announcement of the awards, NSW Minerals Council CEO Stephen Galilee said, “The Women in Resources National Awards acknowledge the highly skilled women who are making an important contribution to a successful mining industry in Australia.”
“The high calibre of all our award finalists highlight the strength of the efforts being made to promote greater opportunity and participation for women in mining and the increasing number of career paths for women in our sector. Congratulations to this year’s winners who exemplify our world-class women in resources from across the country.”
2019 Women in Resources National Awards Winners:
- Exceptional Woman – Jennifer Purdie – Jemena Management Holdings – Queensland
- Exceptional Young Woman – Alicia Hurkmans – Shell Australia – Queensland
- Gender Diversity Champion – Michael Parker – Alcoa of Australia – Western Australia
- Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance – GEMCO Rehabilitation Team Gender Diversity Program – South32 GEMCO – Northern Territory
- Outstanding Trade, Operator or Technician – Donna Stace – Rio Tinto – Western Australia
To read more about the National Awards, visit the NSW Mining website.