The Tasmanian Minerals and Energy Council Board of Directors has endorsed a two-year business plan for the organisation for the period 2018 – 2020.
Priorities identified include:
- Progress the implementation of the highly acclaimed TMEC Blueprint for Mental Health
- Continue to leverage mutual aid capability through Annual Emergency Response Competition
- Be the voice of the industry at every opportunity
- Promote gender diversity in the sector
- Promotion of the capability of Advanced Manufacturing in Tasmania
- Ensure TMEC has a sustainable business model for its members
- Efficient, effective and bankable investment/development approval processes
- Seek internationally competitive energy and freight market conditions
- To raise the community understanding of positive economic and social contribution by TMEC Members
- Reduce risk from operational legacies
- Maintain access to prospective ground.