Software Designers develop, modify and test software applications and systems. They measure how well a system is working and apply software simulation to test and improve the processes.
Software designers have knowledge of circuit boards, processors and computer hardware and software.
Software Designers enjoy computers and also have an interest in problem-solving, innovative thinking and embracing new technologies.
“My advice would be to find something that you’re passionate about.”
Tasks for this role
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs.
- Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades